Bourbon Reviews:

Bottling NameAncient Age Barrel 107
Bottled ByAncient Age Distilling Co. Frankfort,KY
TypeKentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Alcohol content107 Proof
Availability US: No Longer Available Japan: Unknown Duty Free: Not Available Europe: Unknown
Mashbill InfoBT high rye
Age10
Views (since 20080612) 12983
Bottling Info

Review from Mark (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 296, Created:20051015060235)
Purchased at:A friend of the site acquired it for us
Purchased for:Forgot already...
Proof Of this Bottle:107
Nose:A lot of oak and barrel char notes, honey and nutty almost like almonds with a background of citrus
Taste:Leather and rye are predominant. Bob and I described it as almost 'dry' and not 'sweet' like many bourbons today. Coats the tongue very nicely with very little 'peppery burn' associated with some bourbons. I'd almost associate the bold flavors with Old Grand Dad 114 but in a MUCH more refined way.
Finish:Medium to long, very smooth for a 107 proof product with so much flavor. Also, a bit a sweetness comes thru in the finish, very nice.
Overall:Where can we find more of this?! And why did Buffalo Trace stop producing this? Note to the trace, try and reproduce this product, it is something that was a pleasant surprise to the evening, one in which many other bourbons were opened. I like big robust and bold bourbons and this one has them all. Smooth, flavorful barrel notes with a bit of sweetness that comes thru at the end and is not overpowering at first. If you can find this or know someone who can for you grab a bottle, Bob and I don't think you will be disappointed.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews