Bourbon Reviews:

Bottling NameMichters rye
Bottled ByKentucky Bourbon Distillers, Ltd. Bardstown,KY
TypeKentucky Straight Rye Whiskey
Alcohol content92.8 Proof
Availability US: Available Japan: Unknown Duty Free: Not Available Europe: Unknown
Age10
Views (since 20080612) 10809
Bottling Info

Review from Mike (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 635, Created:20061108131008)
Purchased at:Sigman Bottle Shop, Conyers, GA
Purchased for:$52
Info on this bottle:Barrel 4F4
Proof Of this Bottle:92.8
Nose:Ripe ftuit, particularly apples hit you head on. Then more fruit like raisins and apricots before the mild and sweet spice waltz in........allspice and nutmeg. At last come some nuts and the hoped for leather. The nose is quite manageable and good. It is not shy, but neither is it assertive. A good solid B grade.
Taste:Sweet spices like allspice and nutmeg stay true to the nose. It is smooth, creamy with light fruit at midpalate. Pleasant and again, a good solid B grade.
Finish:A moderate finish that is smooth and goes down easily with a scratch of pepper that offers a bit of interest.
Overall:A decent pour and one that I will enjoy from time to time...........never to buy again at the asking price. There are so many other ryes and bourbons at this price point, or less, that are superior, why bother? I have only had a couple of the 'new' Michter's products and have been disappointed in them as to their 'value'.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from bourbonv (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 413, Created:20060318072615)
Purchased at:Bourbon's Bistro Bar
Purchased for:15.00
Info on this bottle:Single Barrel 4F-4
Nose:Spicy - cinnamon and allspice with caramel toffee and oak wood.
Taste:Spicey sweet - cinnamon and cloves with caramel and vanilla with dark fruits and oak wood.
Finish:Sweet caramel that last a long time while slowly changing to a nice oak wood.
Overall:Very nice neat as a nafter dinner drink or with dessert.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from Blue (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 156)
Purchased at:Local PLCB
Purchased for:circa $50.00
Info on this bottle:Barrel No. 4F3
Nose:The nose is a bit unusual with heavy oak and sherry dominating the experience. Nice but a bit overwhelming.
Taste:The front palate is true to the nose and is all sweet oak. The mid-palate is a mix of citrus and spice fading to a mild alcohol burn.
Finish:The finish is short and entirely alcohol. Try as I might I could not detect a hint of anything beyond the burn.
Overall:This was a very mediocre bottle. Nothing really bad to say but nothing all that good to say about it either. At this price point I would expect a much better experience than mediocre. Needless to say, I won't be buying another.

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews